Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BLOG NUMBER 2

ENGLISH 101-BLOG NUMBER TWO
                   Have you ever asked yourself “What am I going to do with my life?” or “How am I going to accomplish it?” I know I ask myself that every day. I wonder what my life is destined to become and the challenges life has in store for me. I really can’t say how I would go about handling what life throws at me. And I actually look forward to the outcome of these challenges. One thing I know is that this is the time in my life where I begin building the foundation of my life.
            In the present time I see that my decisions now are going to affect me in the future. I currently graduated High school and I feel that is a very big achievement because not many people actually do that. But see it doesn’t end there that was just a starter. See, I view life as if I am eating at a restaurant like the Olive Garden. You have an appetizer, which is what I have done so far (elementary school, junior high, and high school) now it’s time for the main course. “ the most important time in your life. For me this means furthering my education, and planting my roots in this world. Also finding out what I’m going to do with my life. At this current moment I can’t really share with everyone what I’m going to do because I don’t even know myself. But for now I’m going to college and I’m studying business. Looking forward for my dessert, which can be the type of dessert I wish I never ordered or the dessert that satisfies me and I enjoy. For those who don’t really get metaphors I mean retirement and being happy with my self and of course I am not perfect and I have a lot to work on to become happy.

      I feel like a lot of things that are going on in my life is affecting my happiness. In a bad way because a lot of people around me bring me down and make me feel  like it is imposable for me to achieve my goals. But I see it as a motivation to prove everyone wrong. And I feel that with out all this pain and struggle one cant truly have happiness in there lives. My biggest problem is that I care to much what people think about me. And I know that I have a lot of growing up to do. But once I learn how to not take peoples opinion on me so seriously and gain maturity I will be able to achieve happiness. Another problem with me is that I tend to get scared of the future and feel that certain things that might happen will hurt me so much. Like in the article “ Futile pursuit of happiness by  Jon Gertner ‘’ where he shows the idea of forcasting. George Loewenstien states that forcasting is when a person thinks about the future and the outcome of certain events and how they would be affected by it. In my case I let my thoughts get in the way of me being happy. Just like he explained in the article. And I know that I shouldn’t let it get to me.

 I have a lot I must work on before I can actually become happy. Everything comes down to my decisions I make right now . At this point I do not regret any decisions I have made in my life. I know I have all the opportunity to be happy. I just have to work on a lot of things like making sure I pass English 101 for instance. To me that’s a start and all the rest will come in time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tommy,

    You shared a lot of really interesting ideas and you seem to have figured out the single largest obstacle in your pursuit of happiness: caring about the opinions of others. Now, try to refocus the entire thing around your methods for increasing your happiness in education. Focus on organization. Grammar is a mild issue, so keep an eye on that. Great start - can't wait to see where you go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the topic of the blog was wriiting about happiness in education and i think you have great ideas . i suggestion i can offer is to state several things that are an obstacle between happiness in education . once you have that you can continue to add the information you have to supportive . writting these blogs can be hard but little by little we are getting better !=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how? omg.....you are a strong writter i was readign and got upset when i knew it was the end of the paper .....i understood your metephor and it was very nice keeep up the the ood work dont ever let anyone come in between your goals ..we are class mates and we are going throught similar problems..i worry about my future alot too like will i ever become what i am going to school for willl i succseed?your paper was good i enjoy ready your writting it is interesting..just watch outy for gramma.(NEVER STAR A SENTENCE OFF WITH AND)maybe you can help me with my papers because i have trouble with intodructions and flow...and your good at that ...comment back timothy n i am so happy to see a that a you can admit to what changes you need to make in life i admire you for that....

    ReplyDelete