Wednesday, October 13, 2010

what can i do?

Timothy  Giral
ENGLISH PAPER 1

   Many times I find myself asking the same questions over and over again. “How can I make my college Experience the best time in my life? Is college really going to make me happy? And, how can I work on making myself happier by furthering my education?” These questions run through my mind constantly. These thoughts are a part of how I can put all my skills and knowledge to better my experience in school and also become a happier person with gaining an education.
     What I have realized is that I have already accomplished a big goal in my life that not a lot of people haven’t and that’s graduating high school. Now I have a greater goal on my plate and that’s college. I feel that the only way I can make it a happy experience is by opening up to what my school has to offer me. Right now I am in my transitioning phase of college. I am trying to get use to my surroundings and get into college Life.  I am a very social person but noticed that you can’t always try to make friends because that’s how you get caught up. But I feel that it is on me to separate my school life with my personal life. In order to happily get through college and not be miserable the whole time one must figure out what they want to do and take it one step at a time.
    In order to better my education I must set certain goals and keep to these goals. I never really was the type to set goals and actually go through with them. But, what I have realized is that I must join all my strengths to see what goals I can set to better myself in my educational career . In viewing all these text and videos and listing to my teacher talk about happiness I have recently set a couple of goals to achieve happiness in education. These goals are 1. Be able to be confident in passing all my courses. 2. Always be ready to do something regarding school work .3. And don’t allow my negative feelings get into the way of me gaining happiness in my success in education. All these goals I feel are easy to achieve I chose these goals as my first steps in becoming successful in college. But I also have my flaws.
    I must first realize that I have never fully understood how I can accomplish all my goals. There are many things that I must correct in order to be at peace with my education. I must first stop letting myself get discouraged when I mess up. Stop listing to people that try to bring me down and allow myself to grow in my educational career. Also stop reacting thing in ways I shouldn’t react in when I am under pressure like how in the article “the futile pursuit of happiness “ that talks about hot states and cold states. When I am under pressure I tend to react differently towards certain situations than I would if I was not under pressure which is reacting in a hot state .A hot state meaning acting when not in a calm state of mind. Reacting in a cold state means being more calm and collective with yourself. I tend to have more hot states then cold but I must learn how to deal with hot states like I would if I was in a cold state in order to become more open to my opportunities in life.
    In order for me to become happy I must find what is right for me. Honestly speaking I really do not know what I must become to be happy just yet. However, I do know what I must do in order to be something that will satisfy my goals in happiness. I must do everything I can now. Such as build up my education so when it comes time to decide what I must become to be happy that I am actually able to do it. I must first stick with continuing my education. Explore and learn about different things I might be interested in. Also keep a positive outlook on life regardless of all the negative energy around me. Becoming a happy person isn’t the easiest thing to accomplish because of the simple fact that we can’t truly say what will make us happy until we are actually happy. My question is how can we know for sure that what we are doing in school is the right path to happiness? There are people with degrees that aren’t even happy. So do I really need an education to be happy? NO I don’t . but it does feel good to know I have accomplished something that few do accomplished and that might give me a better outlook on life.

   In the end I hope that I can look back at my life and say that I have lived a good life and worked hard on my education so that one day I can have a great job because of it. Also to see how I got see how I come out of all the challenges life throws my way. I can’t even imagine were my path lies. I never want to be disappointed in myself and I must never give up on my goals in pursuing my education. And I hope that my English 101 class can actually help me figure out what path I am going to choose to be happy.
    

1 comment:

  1. This blog was really interesting and i for sure like how you describe your details on to carry out your thesis which i think its the thrive to succed and to not fall in to the tempetations that life tends to bring to give up which is something similar that goes with all of us. Nice blog

    ReplyDelete