Wednesday, October 20, 2010

work

Timothy  Giral
Blog number 4
      In high school I was the type to not want to be at school. But, when I wasn’t in school I was working in a Laundromat which was my first job ever. I was the type to rather make money then to go to school for no reason. When you are young a lot of people just want to have fun. And that’s what I thought I was doing “HAVING FUN”. When in all reality I was hurting myself.
   Having a job that you aren’t satisfied with can really affect your happiness. My job at the Laundromat was a really bad place to work at. I had a lot of responsibilities and such little pay. My manager treated me like a puppy dog. I was working there for a year and not attending school. Until I said to myself “timothy what are you doing?” and I answered. “I honestly don’t know.” I made a goal to go back to school and graduate. That was my best chose in life ever.
    Now I feel that I have all the power to gain a job that I will be very happy with. I feel that if you have job like the one I did, and you honestly feel that you are too good for that job it will affect your happiness. Because you can become depressed and let your feelings affect your everyday life. In time these feelings will grow and get worst. In doing so you will become miserable with yourself and never go for achieving your full potential.

  I never want to become a person who is not satisfied with his or hers life. That is why I quit my job at the Laundromat and got a new one. I am not truly happy with this job but I do need money to get me through college. And I am very happy to say that I am going to become something ,even though I do not know what yet. I know I’m going to be happy with what I choose to become.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Timothy, I am glad to see your essay about work. I am a little luckier than you because I have a job that fits my interest. You put your real feeling in this essay, and I can see it. I suggest you to go to writing center which is located in Building B and room E111 to prove your gramma.

    ReplyDelete